Friday, April 18, 2008

too much time gets to the head

It's eleven days till I leave, I'm nearly ready to leave... and yet haven't fully comprehending the magnitude of what I get to do.

I have four out of seven classes completely finished with, received very good marks from my vocal juries - 2.54, am enjoying finally able to breathe and relax some (even though it's finals week), and yet I have mixed emotions about the entire leaving thing. I think now that I for once get the chance to 'stop and smell the roses' for once, the lack of such a tight schedule is getting to my head. Don't misunderstand me - there is no way I am going to willingly nOt go. The realization hit that I'll be leaving some pretty neat people behind. I've seen my mom just at the beginning of this month - which I'm very thankful for - but I won't get to see the rest of them for a total of 6 months. I think that too much time simply gets to my head, running around like an organized chicken with its head cut off is just so much more interesting. However, although I will miss many people here are the blessings I am receiving and foretelling to receive as well

Currently
1. I've gotten to spend more than normal time with Tiffany Rosenbaum who is basically amazing
2. I've gotten the chance to speak more often than normal to my lovely sister Sam due to extenuating circumstances in my life and simply having a lot of walking time from campus and my apartment
3. I have actual time to sLeEp!
4. I have only a take home theory final (which will definitely be done while listening to music or watching a few movies), an online world religions final (I think it'd be wise to study for that one), and my scheduled dictation final... I hope my ears are working that early in the morning.
5. My roommate Linda Patino is phenomenal and I love our hilarious laughter, relaxing movies, and wise... enjoyable advice.
6. It's getting warm now!!! (until, of course, it snows again in a few days)
7. I'm halfway through packing for Jerusalem
8. I'm nearly done with catching up on my missionary letters! (after... 3 months?)
9. I have only a little bit of dirty laundry right now (much better than my nearly 3 weeks worth of dirty laundry Tuesday)
10. I got breakfast at my 7am final this morning

To be
1. I'll get to learn about some amazing culture while experiencing it simultaneously.
2. I'm so excited to meet so many amazing people at the Jerusalem Center as well as natives
3. It'S hOt ThErE!
4. I love studying abroad, realizing how small the world really is and that we're all in this together.
5. I get to fly and test my narcoleptic theory: Martino genes allow you to sleep anywhere, anyplace, anytime of day... I think I'll succeed.
6. So many pictures to take!!!
7. I get to see Sam, D, Halle, and Bennett possibly if my flight and the Peterson's flight schedule (driving?) works out well in June
8. ah... the Spirit
9. Tiff's amazing and is now my storage unit for the month and a half I'm in the Holy Land
10. I might not comprehend what I'm getting myself into but I will grow so much for it and I'm appreciative for the ways in which I'm growing in preparation and will grow.

No comments:

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out" - Louis Armstrong