Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A new semester as well as new year

So, I decided while waiting for the opportunity to register for my practice room in the HFAC (at midnight of course) to write down a few of the things that are happening of late in my life as well as some of my thoughts.

First, and one of the best parts, is that I found.. he found?... my roommate Jessi found?... who ever is to blame for the blessed fortune - a boy was found for me and I am ever so grateful. He is ever courteous to not only me and my family but also strangers who we have never met before, quiet in unfamiliar settings but to hear him laugh when he really gets excited and warmed up to people is something fantastic, a work ethic stronger and more diligent than a stubborn mule (he works until the job is done to his satisfaction and studies hours on end until he has mastered a skill), and a heart of gold (always helping friends, acquaintances, as well as strangers with their vehicle problems as well as making sure every night we end it laughing and happy with life and each other). Bryce is one I didn't know was still around (I thought all the girls had already snatched up his type or that they were simply in the storybooks and hollywoodized). He's great, basically. He tried real hard to do a lot for me while I had my broken foot.... these past 2 months.

Second, yes, I broke my foot. I technically broke my 5th and possibly 4th metatarsal while... are you ready for this? ... walking down my FHE brothers' apartment stairs. No terrific fall or acrobatic pirroutte gone awry, I simply stepped and my ankle twisted, allowing the tendon no time to give, snapping my bone. Heck, and for such a small bone, it caused quite the fuss of pain too! Being my slightly stubborn self though, I didn't go to the doctor that night and instead went to study in the library. Of course it's too embarrassing to be carried out of a public building by boys like the damsal-in-distress I was and so I hopped from the 5th floor, through the elevator, and to the library atrium doors with my foot that had swollen so much, I could no longer where a slipon shoe on that foot. Thank goodness my kind friend Jonathan was there to carry me to the car and the next morning drive me to the student health center. However, 9 and a 1/2 weeks, 2 x-rays, and a handicapped parking pass later, I'm healed... unless my foot rebreaks during a my coed soccer team's intermurals game I just signed up for.

Third, classes ended turning out quite well after much stress and effort. They also look as though they will be very interesting and good this semester as well, 10 classes, 16 credits. I don't think my classes will be too bad though, quite intriguing with my Hymns of the Restoration class, Middle East Lecture series in the middle of the semester, as well as Percussion Workshop. Although, I would have to say that I preferred this past week over those classes. I spent 4 days in deep concentration learning what evaporation, freezing points and mountains all have in common along with a human anatomy firsthand experience as I exercised longtime dormant muscles for the first time... this ski season. Snowbird, it really does have some of the best snow and runs available in Utah!

No comments:

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out" - Louis Armstrong