Monday, July 14, 2008

Love

Today, Tomorrow and time through each of our days, I believe we should each take a step closer into looking at what we have to offer this world in the ways of love. For scripture study tonight, we got into a very deep conversation about death, how to more fully, horizontally love and thoughts concerning this. Daniel Derricott left this page pulled up on my computer - http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-479-26,00.html - which I greatly appreciated. It's titled "The Women in Our Lives" and spoken by President Gordon B. Hinckley only about 6 months after his beloved wife passed away 'to eternity'. In bed reading this page, I am wondering why he might have put that on my computer, whether it were to give me more insight to how people have dealt with death and carried on or if it were to remind me that even though I may get down once in awhile, I am a precious gift from God. Either way, I appreciated reading this talk. It's been a while since I last read/listened to it.

Most of the thoughts for the night are rather personal but I will share a few that we discussed. We evolved the evening from discussion into a chapter reading/discussion base. Reading from Moroni 7, we each took three versus in which any body with thoughts could at anytime interject. Thoughts that arose, that I'm willing to share are concerning charity. Charity never Faileth. a) you choose to have it, b) the atonement never faileth, c) it is treasure laid up in heaven, like a bank account that never decays and that we are continually being blessed from, and d) it's a lifestyle that will never end up wrong/bad/collapsing. In discussion we discussed concerning the Prophet George Albert Smith. He was asked by his great Grandfather in a vision what he had done with his name. How do we truly honor those people's names and lives that have moved on? I believe in what Jonathon Drysdale said that it's by doing those things that would make those people not here proud. We carry on their legacy, honor their name.

Scriptures that hit home in our discussion were in such order
Moroni 7:48
1 John 2:10
D&C 42: 45-46
Moroni 7:26
Moroni 7:39

No comments:

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out" - Louis Armstrong